Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week Six - Art Making/Material Exploration #3 Installation

A. What is installation art?
Installation art describes an artist genre of site specific work, they are #D works designed to transform the perception of the space
B. What materials are used installation art?
A very broad range of everyday and natural materials are used in the creation of Installation art. Almost anything can be used in the work, depending on what the artist wants.
C. Why make installation art?
There are many reasons to make installation art, one reason is to make a statement about a space. Another reason is to give people the opportunity to see and experience a space in a different way. Finally installation art can convey a message to the viewers or simple idea.
D. Which artist/installation did I find most interesting?
The artist installation that I found most interesting is Richard Wilson’s 20:50. It is a very interesting looking piece and I would like to walk through and explore the piece


From the material reviewed the piece that I felt a connection with is Thomas Hirschhorn’s I have a connection with this piece because my piece is very similar to the installation that I made.
The Theme that I will explore in my piece is a picture reflection, more clearly the growing presence that music has been in my life with a colleague of bob Marley.
The materials I will use are: pictures, various old and new items a pre-made recycling been and a spray painted colored top.
The installation will be located in my empty lounge in my house. The room has a tiled floor which picks up the  pre-made recycling bin and the pictures which reflects on the musical talent of bob Marley.
2. Description – Describe what you see. (subject matter)?
A long narrow walkway with pre-made recycling bin. There are pictures attached to the bin which is combined together to show how he was into his music and he never gave up on his struggle and sticking to his beliefs. these photos were token by my grand uncle he and bob Marley had a close relationship and my he would always tell me that each of these pictures tell a story in how bob Marley came from being a pauper to becoming a musical inspiration to all of those who were young and old. he inspires me to stand by what i believe and not only that to be a leader and not a follower looking when i created this installation i made it as a memorial for all that he had done in my home land in the west indies Jamaica.
3. Formal analysis – (form) What principles and elements were used and how are they used?
___Line is used. The pictures are in a straight line. Shape is used with the different sized from the top of the bin to the bottom as it gets smaller by size. Light is used by the reflection of the photo Space is used by being used by the space of the bin away from me photographing it. Balance because all of the photos staying in its place. Scale because of the different sizes of pictures i used .Rhythm because of the repetition of the picture from big to small


http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/jnoble4/SDC11787.jpg
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/jnoble4/SDC11788.jpg


No comments: