Monday, October 17, 2011

Week Eight - Blog: Video Reviews

1. Explain why you selected each of the three videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I chose the Late Gothic Art video because that time in history is very interesting to me.  The second     video that I chose was the birth of the Middle Ages.  This is known as a dark period in history.  The third video is the Cairo Museum.  I'd love to visit this museum!

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
The first video I learned that art had gotten much better by the late middle ages.  During the second  video I learned that Japan also had their version of the middle ages around the same time.  The third video didn't really teach me much but it was very interesting.

2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The videos expand on what the textbooks cover.  A lot of this was repetitive.  I didn't learn too much more than what was covered in the book.

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts? 
I don't think that they added much depth this time.  I feel like it was very repetitive and time consuming.  

No comments: