Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week Nine - Art Making/Material Exploration Drawings - Exploring Line

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
 By using my hand as the subject matter of my drawing it made me have to think about how the hand looked, by putting it in 3D Form I disliked using my own hand because it is hard to keep the same pose for the whole drawing.
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
 The media that i chose was pencil because i feel that pencil offers a little more control . I also didn't have any charcoal on hand and pencil was easier to find.
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
 To create a drawing with my non-dominate hand was awkward. The process was a lot slower
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
 The drawing of my left hand is not as good as the drawing of my right. Because i am right handed i believe that the drawing of my right hand is more realistic looking. .
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
No i would not consider using my non-dominant hand because i am less able to control my movements with that hand. My right hand allows me to control where i want the pencil to go, whereas with my right hand it is more shaky and less controlled.

No comments: